Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

vertical headers in table

Hi,

I want some of the column headers in a table be put vertical

So this table:vertical1.jpg

Should be changed in:

vertical3.jpg

NOT:

vertical2.jpg

Thanks

R.W.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

@Anonymous , @Anonymous , 

Well if didn't mind a bit of work, make your column title font color white. Capture a pic in Excel, create an image, and voila!Smiley Wink

If this solves your issues, please mark it as the solution, so that others can find it easily. Kudos are nice too.
Nathaniel

pic2.PNG

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

View solution in original post

Anonymous
Not applicable

not a bad idea at all.

you could take it to the next level and tag each column with the image making it dynamic too. I did something similar with flags on a piece of work, you could apply the same logic....

flags.JPG

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
VFXPro
Advocate II
Advocate II

There are nice tricks and workaround, but Microsoft must work on this badly missing feature ASAP..

VFXPro
Advocate II
Advocate II

4 years later, still cannot rotate text...but you could do it in 1990 in Excel..

rekstrom601
Frequent Visitor

I am looking for another solution, but in the mean time... you can use a text box as a title as well and rotate the text veritically 

rekstrom601_0-1657844214849.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

Does someone know if due to updates of PowerBi, making headers vertical is possible now?

Anonymous
Not applicable

can't be done I'm afraid.

I'm sure there's a request for it to be added to the pipeline, but nothing at the minute.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Seriously, is it really impossible to rotate headers into a vertical position? This seems unbelievable.

@Anonymous , @Anonymous , 

Well if didn't mind a bit of work, make your column title font color white. Capture a pic in Excel, create an image, and voila!Smiley Wink

If this solves your issues, please mark it as the solution, so that others can find it easily. Kudos are nice too.
Nathaniel

pic2.PNG

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

That is NOT a good solution.  I have dynamic column headers that may disapear when the user changes filters.  Static column headers is not a perfect solution. I cannot understand why Microsoft had this option in 1990 in Excel but refuses to add this urgent problem for the last 7 years of Power BI... ARGH!!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

not a bad idea at all.

you could take it to the next level and tag each column with the image making it dynamic too. I did something similar with flags on a piece of work, you could apply the same logic....

flags.JPG

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.