Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ugurgulluev
Helper II
Helper II

using the same API with different parameters

Hi all,

I need to connect to our HR tool's database with API. However, the API URL is restricted to one employee in the URL.

URL example:

https://hrsystem.com/api/gateway.php/acmecorp/v1/employees/employeeid/all/tables/jobInfo

I need the list for all employees, but since the url includes an "employeeid" parameter, I need to enter this for each employee, and repeat it every time someone new joins the organisation.

This is, as you can imagine, not practical. Instead, I wanted to check with you if there is a functionality in Power BI, maybe through parameters, that can go through all employees without needing to update the URL.

I hope the question is clear.

Thanks,

Ugur

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @ugurgulluev,

You could load all employeeid as a column list into Power BI desktop. Add a custom column, to call that API row by row by passing the employeeid to URL parameter. After calling the API multiple times, you will get a table column, then, click to expand it to fetch all detailed records.

Regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @ugurgulluev,

You could load all employeeid as a column list into Power BI desktop. Add a custom column, to call that API row by row by passing the employeeid to URL parameter. After calling the API multiple times, you will get a table column, then, click to expand it to fetch all detailed records.

Regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.