Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

funklordofusa
Helper I
Helper I

user selected report filter on page 1 that applies to all other pages

Is it possible to have the home page of a report be an interactive report filter?  For example, any user could select among a list of names and the entire report will now be specific to them.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
7 REPLIES 7
Dave1
Helper I
Helper I

Yes, you can use the Report level fliters. In the visualizations, under fields, at the end you will see Report level fliters. Add the column you want to be a report filter.

I'll try to clarify my question/request.  

I hope make page 1 of the report a visual where users can select their name from a list and that will filter through the entire report.  That way, no user will have to enter the filter section.

Yes, on page 1, add a sclicer or a visual from which your user will select their name. Add the field that contains your user name as a sclicer or visual Report level filter. The report level filter works on ALL your report pages. And your user only selects their name on the first page and this filter context will be apllied on all visualls and all Pages. Except if you use dax functions in your measures which override the filter context.

Thanks for your help, Dave1.  I must be doing something wrong; I'm unable to get it to apply throughout the report.

If possible, can you share us your file?

The otherway arround for this is to use row level security. Instead of the end users select their name, you can dynamically filter your dataset based on who is viewing your report.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.