Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

yuval86
Regular Visitor

user input

Hello everybody, I'm a beginner user of Power BI.. I have a question about Power BI and I will be pleased if someone here will help me, do you know if (and how) can I insert "user input" to the Dashboard?

my client want to be able to change value on existing column, does it possible?

the solution can even be in Java,R ,C#..

Thank you very much!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

There is no way for a user to input arbitrary values when interacting with a published report. If you have a limited set of values you'd like to be able to pick between, you could supply those values in a custom table and use a slicer to allow users to select a value. But if you want users to be able to type in anything they want you're out of luck.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
mork
Helper V
Helper V

I doubt this is possible. But someone more experienced than me will probably give you a better answer.

thank you anyway!

There is no way for a user to input arbitrary values when interacting with a published report. If you have a limited set of values you'd like to be able to pick between, you could supply those values in a custom table and use a slicer to allow users to select a value. But if you want users to be able to type in anything they want you're out of luck.

thank you vary much,it was very helpful. 

the client want 2 values (0,1), but he want to determine where (on the report) does it still possibale? 

I'm sure it is, but it's not quite clear how you want to use them.  You'd have to create a dummy table containing those values, assign that column to a slicer, then write a measure that uses the slicer selection.

Measure = SUM(Tablename[ColumnName]) * MIN(UserInputTable[VariableColumn])

...or something like that. MIN, MAX, AVERAGE, SUM, FIRSTNONBLANK, all should work the same if there will always be only one slicer selection.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.