Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

HarryS
Helper I
Helper I

use relationship and filtering

Hi everyone, am new to powerbi and these forums have been a great help to me so far. However, I have found myself stuck on a particular issue when using the ‘userelationship’ and  'filter' function. Unfortunately due to the data am working with am not able to share a picture but I will show you the formula am using (just with some of the words changed).

So I need to use the ‘userelationship’ function for a specific calculation and when I try to use the 'filter' function it does not bring back the correct figures. Here are the formulas I have been using.  Also, I need to work in direct query mode if that is important, thanks.

Use relationship measure = CALCULATE( [numbers], USERELATIONSHIP(Date_Reference[Date], 'POWER_BI table' [otherdate]))

Filtering = CALCULATE([Use relationship measure], FILTER(Date_Reference, Date_Reference[Fiscal_Year] = 201819), FILTER(code, code = "000000"))  * note - the speech marks round the code number are because this code although a number needs to be read as a word *

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

HI Jimmy, I manged to reslove this issue by using it as a 'variable'. Also I had my relationship both ways not single which was the causing an issue as well. 

Thanks,

Harry

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@HarryS ,

Have you solved your issue by now? If you have, could you please help mark the correct answer to finish the thread? Your contribution will be much appreciated.

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

HI Jimmy, I manged to reslove this issue by using it as a 'variable'. Also I had my relationship both ways not single which was the causing an issue as well. 

Thanks,

Harry

Hi @HarryS 

I'm having almost the same exact problem, could you describe more in detail what you did to solve it? 

Thanks in advance

Anonymous
Not applicable

Is it possible for you to give the code or the syntax of the same since I cannot get your reference of "it"

Anonymous
Not applicable

Is it possible for you to give the code or the syntax of the same since I cannot get your reference of "it"

v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@HarryS ,

The issue may be caused by direction in table relationship. If 'Date_Reference' and 'code' are two dimentional tables, I would suggest you to use CROSSFILTER() and set the filter direction instead of two 'FILTER' statement.

Community Support Team _ Jimmy Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.