Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

lisagon88
Frequent Visitor

updates not showing

Hello,

I have the July 2018 version of Power BI installed and noticed that the updates that come with this version do not reflect what I have on my end. Is there a way to get these added in to my current version?

Lisa 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-juanli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @lisagon88

Let me explain

1.under the Conditional formatting, you can select which column to apply Conditional formatting. the columns you can select should be exsit in a table.

6.png

2.in formatting window, you can select Format By Color scale or rules.

In "Based on field", you can select which columns or measure you are conditional formatting by.

7.png

8.png

July 2018 version of Power BI has something different with May 2018 version in conditional formatting, but not the feature, but only what it looks.

Best Regards

Maggie

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
v-juanli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @lisagon88

Let me explain

1.under the Conditional formatting, you can select which column to apply Conditional formatting. the columns you can select should be exsit in a table.

6.png

2.in formatting window, you can select Format By Color scale or rules.

In "Based on field", you can select which columns or measure you are conditional formatting by.

7.png

8.png

July 2018 version of Power BI has something different with May 2018 version in conditional formatting, but not the feature, but only what it looks.

Best Regards

Maggie

Anonymous
Not applicable

From your Power BI Desktop, Go to Help tab in menu, select "About" option. It will display the version of Power BI. make sure you have installed the right version.

Version.PNG

Thanks
Raj

Hi Raj, Just doubled checked and I have the July 2018 version installed.

Lisa

p.bi version.PNG

Anonymous
Not applicable

Right, so logically all features should be there in your version.

What feature is missing? do you miss all latest feature or specifically any?

Thanks

Raj

The feature that I am specifically looking for came with the May 2018 update to allow conditional formatting by a different field.

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/power-bi-desktop-may-2018-feature-summary/

This is what I currently show for my conditional formatting options:

cond form.PNG

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, your screen looks different , but still you have the option to do the format based on the other field , as shown in the snapshot you have given.

Thanks

Raj

Hummm when trying to do conditonal formatting by a different field it only allows the one field selected and does not give me the option to select an additional field to place that format on. Am I missing a way to format that you can explain?

Lisa 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Please share more details, or explain your need with sample data.

Thanks

Raj

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors