Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The ultimate Microsoft Fabric, Power BI, Azure AI & SQL learning event! Join us in Las Vegas from March 26-28, 2024. Use code MSCUST for a $100 discount. Register Now

Anonymous
Not applicable

update 'master template' for all customers

Hey guys,

I'm quite new to power BI and i was wondering if there is a solution to my issue.
So for the company i work for, we have multiple customers who all have the exact same dasboards (same queries, same layout etc.) except for the data source. For each new customer we create a new dashboard from the  template we have and add the right data source to the report, after that we publish and share it with our customers.

And my question...
Is there any possibility to use our template as a 'master template' where a small change automatically gets processed throughout all of the customers dashboard (i.e. fixes like a wrong value in a graph)?

We currently manually update these dashboards with every new release, if we're catching some growth this process will really be a pain.

Many thanks in advance!

2 REPLIES 2
v-chuncz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@Anonymous,

You may try appending queries in one report and use Row-level security with Power BI.

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the help,
Are you sure this also works when we use different data sources for each customer?

Helpful resources

Announcements
March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Fabric Community Conference

Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join us at our first-ever Microsoft Fabric Community Conference, March 26-28, 2024 in Las Vegas with 100+ sessions by community experts and Microsoft engineering.

Fabric Partner Community

Microsoft Fabric Partner Community

Engage with the Fabric engineering team, hear of product updates, business opportunities, and resources in the Fabric Partner Community.