Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

chaly10
Frequent Visitor

update data and filter by date

Hi,

i am new here. I have two questions: how can i filter my data by date?, how can i update the data daily? (i get the data from a multidimensional cube)

regards.

2 REPLIES 2
kcantor
Community Champion
Community Champion

You will more than likely need a date table. Once you have a date table configured, you will write many of the time functions into your dax and filter them using the date table in slicers or in calculations. Here is a good link to get you started with dates.

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/powerbi-desktop-quickstart-learn-dax-basics/

If you can provide a sample of your data and data model with specific questions, we can offer better assistance.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

mahimabedi
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Hi,

how can i filter my data by date?

It depends on how you want to filter the data. You could create a slicer visual using the date field. Or you could also add the date field in the "Filters" pane either for a visual or the entire page or the entire report.

how can i update the data daily? (i get the data from a multidimensional cube)

It depends on what connection (import or live) it is and where the report is (desktop or service)

1. if the data is imported into the desktop file and report is being viewed in desktop: The data can up updated by clicking on refresh in the desktop.

2. if the data is imported into the desktop file and report is being viewed in service

A gateway can be established which will connect the dataset and the report in the cloud. Once gateway is set up you could schedule a refresh or mannually refresh.

3. if the data is connected live and report is being viewed in desktop: The data will always be updated automatically.

4. if the data is connected live and report is being viewed in cloud: A gateway can be established to view the data and the data will be always refreshed. But without the gateway -no data will be able to be viewed.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.