Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

CLCastroEn
Helper IV
Helper IV

update a report post automatically in SHAREPOINT

Hello everyone!

I have posted a report so my entire team can see it. The problem I find myself in is that I must add the data on a daily basis manually. Adding the data in row shapes in an EXCEL. The problem that is going to happen with this, is that excel does not support more than a million rows and therefore could not have that consolidated. Therefore, what I want to learn is how to add an excel to SHAREPOINT (with the same format as the report, i.e. the same number of columns and headers), so that you only have to add a new excel to the sharepoint with the daily information and power bi automatically do the data union.

PS: I have POWER BI PRO. so it's no problem if it should be pro the account.

7 REPLIES 7
mhossain
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @CLCastroEn 

So your excel file will have more than a million records? is that the problem. There are multiple solution.

However can you try to import the folder, lets say you have multiple excel files in a folder, powerbi will automatically union it. Will this solve your problem.

Or explain more what exactly you want to achieve?

@mhossain then power bi joins all the data automatically? Or should I do something?

Will the report be updated automatically?

@CLCastroEn

Yes, it will be done automatically (all the data joins, tranformation etc).

If you require powerbi report to be have scheduled refresh that is also possible in the case of Sharepoint you have mentioned already.

I understand. but I have one last question. In the case that I have two different databases (or tables), power bi automatically detects which file I am adding? that is to say; if I am upddating data 1 or data2?

@mhossain  

@CLCastroEn 

In the approach mentioned previously, unfortunately it will not detect automatically but it will upload all the data each time, table1+table2 +...... and so on. Basically each time it will import everything whatever you have in the folder.

I think you are asking something related to incremental refresh, please read below if this is what you are looking for:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/admin/service-premium-incremental-refresh

@CLCastroEn , there are multiple files with same structure you can use folder import

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.