Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

undefined

Hi everyone,

I want to create a measure which shows the day of the week with the highest amount of customers. Unfortunately, the DAX-function MAX doesn't work here. Our customers have ID-numbers. To calculate our customers, I had the use a measure with the function DistinctCount. So, is there a way to solve this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

You can use TopN and RankX to get the day with highest customer visits.

Use RankX to rank the days using the current measure that you have. You can then use the TopN function to get the top day.

Thanks

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey @Anonymous !

I'm not too sure what part of the data model you are trying to use to arrive at your desired outcome.

Obviously, you have some table that display days of the week, & some table with customer ids. 

Which customer activity are you wanting to track during the weekdays? Are they filling out surveys? Are they visiting your location? Are they purchasing items?

Do you have sample data you can provide?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey @Anonymous !

Thanks for your response. I will try to be as clear as possible. 

Our customers are visiting our locations. That is what we're keeping track of. We know how many unique visitors we have each day. We can use a date slicer to select a week, weeks, months, etc. to show the unique visitors in the selected period. 

This graph has two variables: number of customers (which is a measure (DistinctCount(Customer_ID) and day_description (Monday, Tuesday, ....). This day_description is linked with our Calendar.

date.png

customer_id + date.png

customers per week.png

I hope this helps! Otherwise, let me know if you need more information.

You can use TopN and RankX to get the day with highest customer visits.

Use RankX to rank the days using the current measure that you have. You can then use the TopN function to get the top day.

Thanks
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Nishantjain and @Ashish_Mathur ,

Thank you for your respons and interest. The Rankx formula was the one I needed. Maybe I need to fine tune the tables (and thus some formulas) in the future, but for no it is sufficient. 

Thanks.

Hi,

What exact result are you expecting?

Regards,
Ashish Mathur
http://www.ashishmathur.com
https://www.linkedin.com/in/excelenthusiasts/

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.