cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Manjula
Helper I
Helper I

undefined

i have a column where it has the date values in the format of dd-mmm-yy , i need to show this column as mmm-yy, i have changed the format in model field properties, i see multiple values on one month as it is take by daywise , but i want to show these values only single months.

what i see                  

Manjula_0-1631719658998.png

what userexpecting to see in filterpane

Manjula_1-1631719890421.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
parry2k
Super User
Super User

@Manjula you should add another column in your table using the following expression:

Month = EOMONTH ( YourTable[YourDateColumn], 0 )

and change the display format of this one and use it in the table.

Follow us on LinkedIn

Check my latest blog post The Power of Using Calculation Groups with Inactive Relationships (Part 1) (perytus.com) I would  Kudos if my solution helped. 👉 If you can spend time posting the question, you can also make efforts to give Kudos to whoever helped to solve your problem. It is a token of appreciation!

Visit us at https://perytus.com, your one-stop-shop for Power BI-related projects/training/consultancy.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution.

Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
parry2k
Super User
Super User

@Manjula not sure why, it should, can you share the pbix file, remove sensitive information before sharing.

parry2k
Super User
Super User

@Manjula you should add another column in your table using the following expression:

Month = EOMONTH ( YourTable[YourDateColumn], 0 )

and change the display format of this one and use it in the table.

Follow us on LinkedIn

Check my latest blog post The Power of Using Calculation Groups with Inactive Relationships (Part 1) (perytus.com) I would  Kudos if my solution helped. 👉 If you can spend time posting the question, you can also make efforts to give Kudos to whoever helped to solve your problem. It is a token of appreciation!

Visit us at https://perytus.com, your one-stop-shop for Power BI-related projects/training/consultancy.

@parry2k  the above function is working fine for one year , but when i add two more years it doesn't work , it is summarinzing  all 3 years data , but not showing the specific month & year, i can see only current year

Manjula_0-1631781564297.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
November 2022 Update

Check it Out!

Click here to read more about the November 2022 updates!

Difinity Conference

Difinity Conference 2022

Difinity is the largest Microsoft Data, AI, Power BI, Power Platform and Business Applications Conference in New Zealand.

European Share Point Conference

European Share Point Conference

This conference returns live and in-person in Copenhagen this 28 November-01 December with 4 Microsoft Keynotes, 9 Tutorials, and 120 Sessions.

Microsoft 365 Conference â__ December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference - 06-08 December

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.