Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

moeconsult
Helper V
Helper V

undefined

PowerBI is rounding my data up in the report which is affecting my final result when I do my caluclations and I would be glad if anyone could help with this challenge. for example the raw data is 228.09879400 but when the data get imported into Powerbi desktop, its rounded up to 228 for all the data in those columns .

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi moeconsult ,

After importing the data go to Home-->Edit Queries -->EditQueries-->Home-->Data Type

decimalnumber.PNG

I hope this helped you

Regards,

Husna

I did that already but it is not making any difference 

Hi @moeconsult ,

Could you tell me if your problem has been solved? If it is, kindly share your solutions. More people who encounter the same issue will benefit from here. If you are still confused about it, please share more details to us.

Best Regards,

Xue Ding

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Best Regards,
Xue Ding
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @moeconsult ,

Can you please share more details to us?

• What data source do you connect?
  • What the data type is in your data source?
  • What mode do you use? Direct Query or import?
  • What the version of Power BI Desktop do you use?

Best Regards,

Xue Ding

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Best Regards,
Xue Ding
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

I am still encountering the issue for a particular column of the data when I calculate it,

The data is in excel

powerbi version : 2.71.5523.941 64-bit July 2019

Import not direct query .

It is strange as there are data available in the column so it should nt be coming up as division error

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

In the model view, there is option to change the number decimal place.  Can you change the decimal place and check, is ti still giving rounded value,

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.