Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Prabhakaran_Nag
Frequent Visitor

undefined _ Today i have updated new features in desktop but old visuals are not appeared. Need help

Dear Experts,

Today i have updated new feature in desktop, i tired to open recently created Pbix file but visuals are not appearing not sure what was the cause. 

Steps followed:

1. Updated new features

2. Went to enable new appeards, file --> Options --> Preview features --> New Fromat Pane

3. Enabled and Saved

4. Try to Open the old Pbix file but nothing appears except fields and Manage relationship

Need your help to fix this on priority. i have changed the setting back to the old but nothing works out. please help me to fix the same

@v-xiaoyan-msft @v-easonf-msft 

Prabhakaran_Nag_0-1637065741503.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
selimovd
Super User
Super User

Hey @Prabhakaran_Nag ,

did you close all open Power BI files and then reopen it again?

For the preview features to work you have to completely close Power BI and then open it again.

Otherwise try a restart of your computer.

If you need any help please let me know.
If I answered your question I would be happy if you could mark my post as a solution ✔️ and give it a thumbs up 👍

Best regards
Denis

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Prabhakaran_Nag
Frequent Visitor

I was able to download last pbix file from the database and the issue did not re-occured. Thanks for your help Denis

v-henryk-mstf
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Prabhakaran_Nag ,

Sorry about this issue, but Power BI releases new updates frequently and sometimes these updates are only available as preview features. In other words, the feature is not yet ready for full release and therefore can cause some features to not work.

Can you specify which of the released new features do not work? I will test this for you and also keep an eye on the status of the update and will keep you informed if there are any updates.

Latest updated status blog link

Introducing the New Format Pane (Preview) | Microsoft Power BI Blog | Microsoft Power BI

Power BI November 2021 Feature Summary | Microsoft Power BI Blog | Microsoft Power BI

Best Regards,
Henry

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

selimovd
Super User
Super User

Hey @Prabhakaran_Nag ,

did you close all open Power BI files and then reopen it again?

For the preview features to work you have to completely close Power BI and then open it again.

Otherwise try a restart of your computer.

If you need any help please let me know.
If I answered your question I would be happy if you could mark my post as a solution ✔️ and give it a thumbs up 👍

Best regards
Denis

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.