Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

unable to set page navigation conditional formatting to a button

hi,

i'm trying to assign a page navigation action to a button using the conditional formatting function but i'm unable to select the field value since the field is greyed-out as follows -

Screenshot 2021-09-13 111554.jpgplease advise on how to resolve this.

tks & krgds, -nik

5 REPLIES 5
craulers12585
Regular Visitor

I have the same issue. I can get this to work with a local dataset. But it doesn't seem to work with a conected dataset. Is this a known bug? 

chris_kelley
Helper I
Helper I

i tried this with a simple local PBIX and the button was able to do conditional navigation.  I created the table of navigation pages by clicking "enter data" from the home tab.  However, I am also seeing the option for the field I want to set the conditional formatting as greyed out when I am trying to set up conditional navigation on a report that is connected to a dataset. 

v-yalanwu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @Anonymous ;

I tested it but Unfortunately, I can't reproduce your situation.

Here I have some advice.

1. Please check whether your desktop has the latest version.

2. Please check the type of your fields is test format.

If all is correct, please provide me a sample like yours or share your pbix file  with me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-kaUnBXvvGo

Best Regards,
Community Support Team_ Yalan Wu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , after search you should click, It sometime show like inactive, but should work

Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks as always, @amitchandak.

somehow, that doesn't work still in both power bi desktop & service environments 😞.

krgds, -nik

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.