Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

AnandRanga
Helper III
Helper III

unable to see the data or upload the dataset in power BI from Power BI excel samples ?

I downloaded some sample excel files provided by Microsoft Power BI from this link:

http://download.microsoft.com/download/a/2/d/a2d0c4f0-5d40-4ce1-a3e7-d8f1e1e52c72/Power%20BI%20Sampl...

But when I am trying to open the file It's showing me nothing except a image and when I am trying to fetch this data in Power BI using get data option. It shows me only this list of tables, shows only info table while there are 3-4 sheets.

a.jpeg

I don't know what's the issue in excel, I am using excel 2016.

Thanks for your time.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @AnandRanga,

I'd like to suggest you use the import function to import these sample files.

Get Data:

Capture.PNG

Import:

Capture3.PNG

Capture2.PNG

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @AnandRanga,

I'd like to suggest you use the import function to import these sample files.

Get Data:

Capture.PNG

Import:

Capture3.PNG

Capture2.PNG

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Thanks.. Great Advice !

@v-shex-msft

Great ! exactly what I was looking for. 

C4YNelis
Advocate II
Advocate II

Hi AnandRanga,

I have opened the same file and I see the exact same. I have then opened the file in Excel to see what kind of file this is, since I'm more at home in Excel than in Power BI at the moment.

However, there are in fact 9 sheets in this file, 4 of which are hidden (you can show those by clicking the right mouse button on the a visible sheet and selecting the option to show hidden sheets) and 4 that contain Power View reports. The only "regular" sheet in there is in fact the info sheet, which, I agree, seems to contain mostly useless information.

I don't know exactly what you were expecting to see, but it seems to make sense.

What you can do though, after selecting this info sheet, is in your query editor, go to the query steps and click the step: "Source". By selecting this, you can select a different sheet if desired.

I hope this helps,

Best regards,

Niels

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.