Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

prb
Frequent Visitor

unable to generate proper line chart

Hi Colleagues,

could You please help me with the below issue I have faced?

I have a ticket database with opened and closure date (where applicable). I would like to use line chart to see how much tickets are opened and closed in a particular calendar week. For this I have converted the dates to necessary format (year/week), but when I put the "count of opened date" and "count of closed date" to the line chart, I was not sure what to use in the axis. if I put there either "opened date" or "closed date" to list there the year/week values in axis, the outcome was not proper. after that I have created a separate table only for year/week values using DISTINCT function from "opened date", and I would have used this column for axis. however, this is in different table and I cannot connect this column to both "opened date" and"closed date" in the other table since more relations are not supported. Do You know if there is an easyer method to solve this?

ticketopened date (YYYY/WW)closed date  (YYYY/WW)
a2019/232019/23
b2019/242019/26
c2019/262019/27
d2019/262019/27
e2019/262019/27
f2019/28 

thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @prb 

In Edit queries, 

Capture6.JPGCapture7.JPGCapture8.JPG

Close&&aplly, create a date table

date = ADDCOLUMNS( CALENDARAUTO(),"year",YEAR([Date]),"weeknum",WEEKNUM([Date]))

then create  ameausre

Measure = DISTINCTCOUNT(Sheet5[ticket])

Capture9.JPGCapture10.JPG

Best Regards
Maggie
Community Support Team _ Maggie Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there - 

Could you please share a line chart (probably drawn on a piece of paper and taken a photo) of what you are expecting to see as the outcome? I am unable to visualize exactly what you are after, sorry about that.

Regards

prb
Frequent Visitor

Hi

indeed, sorry I was not so explicit. I was looking for some similar chart. note: this is not in synch with the table above.

thanks in advance

linechart.png

Hi @prb 

In Edit queries, 

Capture6.JPGCapture7.JPGCapture8.JPG

Close&&aplly, create a date table

date = ADDCOLUMNS( CALENDARAUTO(),"year",YEAR([Date]),"weeknum",WEEKNUM([Date]))

then create  ameausre

Measure = DISTINCTCOUNT(Sheet5[ticket])

Capture9.JPGCapture10.JPG

Best Regards
Maggie
Community Support Team _ Maggie Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.