Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

anushavikram
Frequent Visitor

unable to dynamically populate a table using slicer selection

Hello, 

unable to populate slicer.JPG

Below is what im trying to achieve. 

The selected value of the company name doesnt populate as you can see in the screen shot. 

I have a single select slicer on the report for the company name. I want this to populate dynamically based on company selection but it is blank. 

Kindly help. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
JosefPrakljacic
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hey @anushavikram ,

unfortunately this is not possible since the calculated table is preprocessed or in other words the table is created/finishd/filled before you slice something and your slicing won't change the content.

If this post was helpful may I ask you to mark it as solution and give it a 'thumbs up'? This will also help others

Have a nice day!

BR,
Josef
Graz - Austria

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
JosefPrakljacic
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hey @anushavikram ,

unfortunately this is not possible since the calculated table is preprocessed or in other words the table is created/finishd/filled before you slice something and your slicing won't change the content.

If this post was helpful may I ask you to mark it as solution and give it a 'thumbs up'? This will also help others

Have a nice day!

BR,
Josef
Graz - Austria

@JosefPrakljacic 

Thank you so much. I did realise that. But thought the community might have a trick to solve this problem. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.