Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

aak7360
Regular Visitor

unable to connect SAP hana

Hi,

I am unable to connect SAP Hana database. I have installed SAP HANA ODBC - 64 bit. 

When i click on Learn more it is going to SAP website (#Ref: screenshot 2)

Please find the attached extarct for more info.

Help me in this regard.

Thanks,

Ashok

SAP HANA error.jpgSAP Hana error 2.jpg

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @aak7360,

To get the SAP HANA connector to work in Power BI Desktop, you need to install both the SAP HANA ODBC driver and the SAP Netweaver RFC SDK.

In addition, here is an article about downloading and installation of NW RFC SDK for your reference. Smiley Happy

Regards

View solution in original post

Hi,

Thanks for research. Yes, I am able to connect the HANA by connecting to the Network.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
mohapatra
Regular Visitor

Hello Everyone,

While connecting SAP HANA DB to Power BI using ODBC, I am getting the below error.   Details: "ODBC: ERROR [HY000] [SAP AG][LIBODBCHDB DLL][HDBODBC] General error;10 authentication failed ERROR [HY000] [SAP AG][LIBODBCHDB DLL][HDBODBC] General error;10 authentication failed"

Please help me solve this.

Thank you.

dexterz
Helper II
Helper II

install sap hana client ?

v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @aak7360,

To get the SAP HANA connector to work in Power BI Desktop, you need to install both the SAP HANA ODBC driver and the SAP Netweaver RFC SDK.

In addition, here is an article about downloading and installation of NW RFC SDK for your reference. Smiley Happy

Regards

Do you know how i can find the SAP HANA ODBC driver & the SAP Netweaver RFC SDK ?

Been searching the SAP download portal but no luck finding anything usefull.

I can't download  SAP Netweaver RFC SDK, I don't login and password to authentificate...

Hi,

I have downloaded and installed the requried softwares, After that when i am tring to connect the Server, I getting the below screenshot error. Could you please help me in this regrad.

Capture.PNG

Hi @aak7360,

Based on my research, the error indicates a problem in the host name resolution. Typical reason is that wrong host name resolution settings on operating system level.

Could you try using IP address for your host to see if it works?

If it still doesn't work, I would also suggest you post the issue on the SAP HANA forum for better assistants on it. Smiley Happy

Regards

Hi,

Thanks for research. Yes, I am able to connect the HANA by connecting to the Network.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.