Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

FrederikDec
Frequent Visitor

unable to change reporting server in Power BI SSRS

In the Power BI desktop Client (SSRS Preview), I typed a malformed URL and hit enter when trying to publish a report to the Reporting Service.

When I try to republish to SSRS an error appears instead of the prompt asking for the Reporting Server.

"Invalid URI: The hostname could not be parsed".

I'm unable to find the location to change this URL (which I'm aware of to be wrong). Anyone who can help?

An uninstall-reinstall did not help.

5 REPLIES 5
v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @FrederikDec,

I just tested it on my environment, when republishing reports to SSRS, the prompt asking for the Reporting Server will appear no matter I typed a malformed or right URL previously.

Capture1.PNG

Regards

Hi @v-ljerr-msft

That is indeed the expected behaviour. The problem is, I can not go back to this dialog to correct the entry I did. I was too trigger happy, pressed enter when I typed a malformed URL. Everytime I go to Save As > SSRS Report I get the following screen:

sendafrown.PNG

When I check the details, I can not find the URL either. 

I'll send a frown then 🙂 

Regards

I tried to clean the app cache to remove the recent reportserver which appear after I click on Save as ---> SSRS report but with no success, maybe if there is a way to find the dat file/registry key which holds this information you will be able to open it again 

I would recommend performing a full uninstall with any free software like Revo/CCleaner

I hope this can solve your issue 

thanks 

eetester
Frequent Visitor

I don't know why you are using "Publish" , as i know to save PowerBI report to SSRS you can do this only through Save As --> SQL Server Reporting Service 

There, you can add the right reporting server "url"

Hi eetester

Actually that's what I use. I see that as 'publishing' but maybe that's the wrong terminology 🙂 .

I typed my URL there (the save as > SSRS report dialog) but it had a typo in it. I accidentally hit enter and now I'm unable to change the URL because I keep getting the error message I posted.

Regards

Frederik

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.