Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

uk map shape files

hi there

I'm so excited with the new features July updates have to offer however i couldnt get uk map to work!

My requirements are - I want just north east of england as my background map. I have shape files and associated files from Mapinto - convert it to Topojson in mapshaper, got my json file. Now add it as my custom map but it seemed to crash everytime...

I actually cant get the normal standard UK map that come with PowerBi to work either. I guess I dont understand how it should work.

Anyone got a step by step guide how to use this map visual or a template that you can share with me please?

Much appreciated

Pedzilla

5 REPLIES 5
Eric_Zhang
Employee
Employee

@Anonymous

Can you post the Topojson that crashed the custom map? Let's test and find the problem.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there sorry for the late reply, how do I attach a file on here?

@Anonymous

You can upload it to OneDrive or DropBox or any other web storage.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hope you guys can spot what is wrong in here

MSOA

@Anonymous

Thanks for uploading that json file. The "crash" doesn't occur in my test. It seems to be caused by high definition, try to simplify the json file in mapshaper or use a more powerful PC.

More over the high definition, in my test, Power BI desktop can not load the map correctly.

Capture.PNG

I've reported this internally, our engineer would evaluate this. I will post back if there comes any updates.

Thanks again for your feedback. 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.