Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

masplin
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

uk date format

The choices to format a new measure in UK date format seem to have disapepared in the latest update. I only see dd-mmm-yy as useful choice. Is this just me or a major bug in the latest release.  I've varius issues other people have reported so assume all related.

Is it possible to uninstall and revert to the january release? 

6 REPLIES 6
unlessyuriko
Regular Visitor

If you change your Operating System's Date format to UK then the powerBI will be avaiable to display UK format!

gooranga1
Power Participant
Power Participant

Hi @masplin,

Yes a bit of annoyance although it was also broken in Jan as well. You can rollback if you uninstall power bi and re-install Jan IF you kept the install exe from last month. I have never found any option to download previous releases.

Another annoying bug to note in Feb release if you keep using it is if you refresh data in desktop and you have field items sorted by other field items that will be cleared. So if you have a date dimension with month name sorted by month number in the modelling section this will get cleared out each refresh on desktop. It's ok when published to the web though.

v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @masplin,

Based on my test, I didn't see a date format like "dd/mm/yy" was available under date/time list in Power BI Desktop January release. 

Regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Well there was one at some point as I use it all the time. Maybe be got removed in some earlier release. When the formats were removed it doens't stop you using exisitng formats.

Anonymous
Not applicable

There is a known issue that slicers appear in US date formats within the desktop. They will appear in International format in the service. It will be fixed in the march release.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/Date-slicers-are-fixed-to-US-date-format-since-Feb-2018-Upda...

masplin
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Capture.PNG

In fact above shows I had an old measure formatted dd/mm/yy and now if i click on the dropdown thisis listed even under the "all other date formats" Seems we have bene forogotten across the pond!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.