Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

turn on data label for pie chart

Is there any way to turn on data label for pie chart, similar to that of a clustered column chart? I would like to be able to see the percentage from each piece of the pie without hovering the mouse on it. I expected this should be a basic setting for a pie chart.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Anonymous,

Currently, we are not able to set pie chart data label display as percentage values. It might be a good idea to vote for the suggestion on ideas forum: Pie Chart percentage labels.

In your scenario, you can create a measure to calculate percentage values and change its format as percentage. Then place the measure in Values property of pie chart. Please refer to screenshots below:

Measure = DIVIDE(sum(financials[ Sales]),CALCULATE(sum(financials[ Sales]),ALL(financials[Product])))

If you have any question, please feel free to ask

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
ankitpatira
Community Champion
Community Champion

@Anonymous You just select pie chart, go to paintbrush tab, Detail Labels, turn it on and under Label Style dropdown select Both.

This solution work for me. But you have to set Quick Cal of value also.

Anonymous
Not applicable

OK. In this way, at least I see data on the pie. But I would like to see the percentage. Can it be done?

Hi @Anonymous,

Currently, we are not able to set pie chart data label display as percentage values. It might be a good idea to vote for the suggestion on ideas forum: Pie Chart percentage labels.

In your scenario, you can create a measure to calculate percentage values and change its format as percentage. Then place the measure in Values property of pie chart. Please refer to screenshots below:

Measure = DIVIDE(sum(financials[ Sales]),CALCULATE(sum(financials[ Sales]),ALL(financials[Product])))

If you have any question, please feel free to ask

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors