Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

rosscortb
Post Patron
Post Patron

turn off visual filters

Hello,

After publishing my report, the only filter I have is sector but then when I click on a chart is shows all the filters is there a way to disable this?

Thanks

RossCapture.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-lili6-msft
Community Support
Community Support

hi, @rosscortb 

Just disable the each value in visual level filter for the visual as below:

8.JPG

Then it won't be seen in the power bi service for end users.

9.JPG

Best Regards,

Lin

Community Support Team _ Lin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
v-lili6-msft
Community Support
Community Support

hi, @rosscortb 

Just disable the each value in visual level filter for the visual as below:

8.JPG

Then it won't be seen in the power bi service for end users.

9.JPG

Best Regards,

Lin

Community Support Team _ Lin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's supposed to be a solution?

I have 20 pages on some reports, with at least 3 visuals on each report, which in turn have about 3-4 categories or measures that each get an automatic filter added that I don't want, at all. I'm supposed to go through all pages (20), each visual (3x20), every category/measure(3x20x4) and then click hide for every little thing manually? That's 240 manual actions. For roughly every large report I design.

That's not a solution, that's a workaround, a bad one.

Hi @Anonymous 
I agree...did you ever find a quicker way to do this?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Nope, I'm afraid not. Still having to do this manually whenever I set up a new report.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Perfect solution, Lin. The "Filters on this visual" area doesn't even appear when you use this method, so no confusion among users about visual vs page vs all pages. Thank you!

Lin- You're a star. Thanks 🙂

venal
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Hello Ross, I tried to re-pro the issue from my end and when we use any columns in visual level, we will get those columns in under visual level filters to apply filters.This are for this particular visual only, it won't applicable for others. There is no option to disable the visual level filters. Please refer below links for more details. https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Disable-Remove-unnecessary-Visual-Level-filters/td-p/430847 https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/How-to-disable-Visual-Level-Filter/td-p/149380 BR Venal.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Options and settins->options->this report->disable this

image.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

my fault, it's actually here

image.png

Thanks for your response but I'm sure that when you do that all filters are hidden but I would like to keep the one that is, Sector which is under, Filters on this page, or is that not possible?

@rosscortb Sorry but that's not possible.

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

Collapse your Filters pane?

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
Mastering Power BI 2nd Edition

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.