Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

trouble using Group by and filter conditions on a table.

I have a requirement as described below and any help is much appreciated. 

I have a table with some 20 columns, However I have to count Bin Numbers based on group by of four columns in the table. and then filter by another fifth column. 

Example - 

For a combination of Warehouse, Storage Type, Section, Bin Type get the count of Bin Numbers where Status = ‘X’. This is count of Empty Bins.

How can I group just on four columns out of 20 columns in the table. If I create new table with four columns summarized and grouped by, in that case I am not able to filter on fifth column. 

Any Thoughts!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-sihou-msft
Employee
Employee

@Anonymous

I'm still not quite clear about your requirement. Do you want to group values based on four columns values?

Since the grouping feature can only work on singe column values, you have to create a column combining all 4 columns. 

And it's not supported to add filter in "Edit Groups". But you can apply a Visual Level Filter with STATUS = "X" on the visual, then create the grouping, it will take the current filter for creating group. I think this is the only way to achieve your goal currently.

Regards,

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-sihou-msft
Employee
Employee

@Anonymous

I'm still not quite clear about your requirement. Do you want to group values based on four columns values?

Since the grouping feature can only work on singe column values, you have to create a column combining all 4 columns. 

And it's not supported to add filter in "Edit Groups". But you can apply a Visual Level Filter with STATUS = "X" on the visual, then create the grouping, it will take the current filter for creating group. I think this is the only way to achieve your goal currently.

Regards,

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.