Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

trend lines

I was using the free version of service and desk top. I downloaded the 30 day Pro trial version because my company is considering purchasing. Once switched, all of my trendlines went away. Option to create trend lines is no longer available under analytics.

I can still create them in the desktop version. The desktop version keeps prompting me to update.

Two questions:

1) How do I get the trendlines back into my service version?

2) If I update the desktop, will I lose them there too?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you all for the wonderful tips and advice. Your directions led me to the problem. I had switched a date from continuous to categorical, which made trend lines no longer an option.  Now I have to figure out how to take the weekends out.

Thanks everyone!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you all for the wonderful tips and advice. Your directions led me to the problem. I had switched a date from continuous to categorical, which made trend lines no longer an option.  Now I have to figure out how to take the weekends out.

Thanks everyone!

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

That's weird and likely some sort of bug or something in the Service.

I would not expect them to go away, I still have them and I am on the April version (just about ready to upgrade to May). Remember however that trend lines only show up in specific circumstances, you have to have enough data, etc.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
Mastering Power BI 2nd Edition

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...
CahabaData
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

the desktop is always free - - and they release a new version each month - - which is why you are getting that upgrade reminder and it definitely will not affect your trend lines in your report..... so that much is clear.

I don't think that trend lines disappear in Service because one is not yet a Pro license - so my guess is there some other cause.  I would recommend you republish your report up to your PBI Service - and then relook at things. 

www.CahabaData.com

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.