Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ianf123
Helper I
Helper I

treeviz drillthrough

Hi,

I have a Treeviz visual to present a service dependency hierarchy. I would like to be able to drill through to a new page to display a Treeviz visual for the selected node.

Although I have created a new page, with a new treeviz visual, with a field added to the Drillthrough filters section (used as category), I do not get the option to drill through when I right click the selected node on the orginal page.

Is drillthrough possible in Treeviz?

Does anyone have an example?

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
ianf123
Helper I
Helper I

Thanks for the responses.

I have tried the Bookmarks option, but that doesnt seem to keep the status of the hierarchy when I save the bookmark. So thats not an option either.

I will take up the suggestion of sending a request to the developer and see what happens.

Thanks again.

v-xuding-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ianf123 ,

As dm-p said, it is not supported to drillthrough in the visual of TreeViz. For a workaround, maybe you could try using bookmarks to implement it.

To make Power BI better, you can submit your request at Power BI Ideas and vote it up.

Best Regards,

Xue Ding

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Best Regards,
Xue Ding
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
dm-p
Super User
Super User

Hi @ianf123,

I've recently reviewed the source code for TreeViz for a client and I can confirm that it doesn't support drillthrough. Its last update was in 2017, which is a long time before drillthrough became a feature in Power BI. It only recently became available as a feature to custom visuals in the last few months or so and it requires specific coding to implement.

If it's a feature you are after, I would suggest speaking with the author - their support link from their AppSource listing leads to their GitHub repo, so you can try raising an issue with them?

Regards,

Daniel

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

My course: Introduction to Developing Power BI Visuals

On how to ask a technical question, if you really want an answer (courtesy of SQLBI)

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.