Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

MichaelSX
Frequent Visitor

total hours to date per project

I'm trying to set up a graph that shows the total amount of time spent on a project each month, including all time up to that point.

I have one table that contains all of our employee's time entries. Each entry has the Project Number, Start Date, End Date and Duration. I've been able to make a line chart that shows how much time was spent on each project per month, but I want each month to include the running total up to that point. This table is set up to be filtered to a single project at a time.

I also have another table that has the project number and an estimate for how long each project is supposed to take. I want to display the estimate for whichever project the page is currently filtered to on the same chart, but I've only been able to work with the sum/average/etc of the column.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I figured it out after reading this post. The solution is to use a quick filter for year to date

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
opticshrew
Resolver II
Resolver II

Hi @MichaelSX

How is your data structured? Is it as follows?

Projects > Appointments (time associated with a project)

Additionally what is your data source?

Thanks,

J

TBH I didn't mean to post this yet. I managed to solve some of my issues on my own. The one remaining problem is making the total hours to date filtered by project. I can't post my workbook because it contains personal data about my company and its employees. I'm reading from an excel file with columns: Project, Duration, Start Time, End Time and Total Time. I've set up a Line Chart with Total Time on the axis and the following measure ToDate:

ToDate = CALCULATE(SUM(Toggl[Duration (Hours)]),FILTER(All(Toggl),Toggl[Month]<=MAX(Toggl[Month])))

Month = Month(Toggl[Start Date])

This results in the total sum of Duration accross all projects. I want it to be filtered by a project chosen by a slicer.

I figured it out after reading this post. The solution is to use a quick filter for year to date

Ashish_Mathur
Super User
Super User

Hi,

Share the link from where i can download your PBI file.  Also show the expected result there.

Regards,
Ashish Mathur
http://www.ashishmathur.com
https://www.linkedin.com/in/excelenthusiasts/

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.