Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

MichaelSX
Frequent Visitor

total hours to date per project

I'm trying to set up a graph that shows the total amount of time spent on a project each month, including all time up to that point.

I have one table that contains all of our employee's time entries. Each entry has the Project Number, Start Date, End Date and Duration. I've been able to make a line chart that shows how much time was spent on each project per month, but I want each month to include the running total up to that point. This table is set up to be filtered to a single project at a time.

I also have another table that has the project number and an estimate for how long each project is supposed to take. I want to display the estimate for whichever project the page is currently filtered to on the same chart, but I've only been able to work with the sum/average/etc of the column.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I figured it out after reading this post. The solution is to use a quick filter for year to date

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
opticshrew
Resolver II
Resolver II

Hi @MichaelSX

How is your data structured? Is it as follows?

Projects > Appointments (time associated with a project)

Additionally what is your data source?

Thanks,

J

TBH I didn't mean to post this yet. I managed to solve some of my issues on my own. The one remaining problem is making the total hours to date filtered by project. I can't post my workbook because it contains personal data about my company and its employees. I'm reading from an excel file with columns: Project, Duration, Start Time, End Time and Total Time. I've set up a Line Chart with Total Time on the axis and the following measure ToDate:

ToDate = CALCULATE(SUM(Toggl[Duration (Hours)]),FILTER(All(Toggl),Toggl[Month]<=MAX(Toggl[Month])))

Month = Month(Toggl[Start Date])

This results in the total sum of Duration accross all projects. I want it to be filtered by a project chosen by a slicer.

I figured it out after reading this post. The solution is to use a quick filter for year to date

Ashish_Mathur
Super User
Super User

Hi,

Share the link from where i can download your PBI file.  Also show the expected result there.

Regards,
Ashish Mathur
http://www.ashishmathur.com
https://www.linkedin.com/in/excelenthusiasts/

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.