Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

tool tip report page

I just discover tool tips and I was trying to use but it is not working. It does not update.
I used the same field so that it can be displayed automatically and it works(1st image) and the values changes. However when I use a KPI visual over a tooltip page report the value stays the same dont matter what I hover on.
As it is shown the is "Produccion" that is over 34...but when I use the tooltip page report it is 1 million. I hover on the same bar - the tallest one
I already watched many videos about this but don know what I am doing wrong

community 4.PNG

community 5.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-rzhou-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous 

Due to I don't know your data model, I build a sample table to have a test.

I add two calculated columns(Day and Year) in this table.

DAY = DAY(Sheet1[Date])
Year = YEAR(Sheet1[Date])

1.png

Then use this table to build a column chart, and build a report page tooltips for Produccion.

Firstly build a new page and turn on the setting in Page info and choose the type in Page size.

2.png

Then build a Kpi visual and add the Measure in this Kpi. You should check your setting in Red box.

3.png

Let's see the result.

4.png

For more infos to Tooltips: Create tooltips based on report pages in Power BI Desktop

You can download the pbix file from this link: tool tip report page

Best Regards,

Rico Zhou

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly. 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
v-rzhou-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous 

Due to I don't know your data model, I build a sample table to have a test.

I add two calculated columns(Day and Year) in this table.

DAY = DAY(Sheet1[Date])
Year = YEAR(Sheet1[Date])

1.png

Then use this table to build a column chart, and build a report page tooltips for Produccion.

Firstly build a new page and turn on the setting in Page info and choose the type in Page size.

2.png

Then build a Kpi visual and add the Measure in this Kpi. You should check your setting in Red box.

3.png

Let's see the result.

4.png

For more infos to Tooltips: Create tooltips based on report pages in Power BI Desktop

You can download the pbix file from this link: tool tip report page

Best Regards,

Rico Zhou

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

I had to add axis on my my tooltip report page just like you did in your red square. I hadnt done that. I added the X axis there and it is working! thank you

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , Make sure measure on the visual and measure on the tooltip page should be the same.  Can you share  a sample pbix after removing sensitive data.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I dont see how I can upload the file here but you can download it from this link. I am really sorry I was kinda of busy and I took a while to remove sensitive data

https://drive.google.com/file/d/19dvI-_njEHTn-r5RlgyFUnwYUX3dS79F/view?usp=sharing

pranit828
Community Champion
Community Champion

HI @Anonymous 

In your tooltip page you have to sum it based on the X-axis in your chart to get the correct value.

lets say your x-axis is is a [Date] column.

then.

Create the measure for the tooltip pag card as 

Calculate(sum([Production]), Allexcept(table,table[Date]))

PBI_SuperUser_Rank@1x.png

Hope it resolves your issue? 
Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Appreciate your Kudos, Press the thumbs up button!!
Linkedin Profile
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous - Difficult to trouble shoot without sharing the PBIX. Can you at least screen shot the Tooltip page configuration?

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.