Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

powerbitv
Frequent Visitor

timelines

I have 4-5 relases on three porgarms all round the year. Eash release has a start date and end date.

Program A:

• Releases1: Start date: 1 Jan End Date 30 March
  • Releases2: Start date: 1 April End Date 30 Sept
  • Releases3: Start date: 1 Oct End Date 30 Dec

Program B:

• Releases1: Start date: xxx  End Date yyy
  • Releases2: Start date: xxx  End Date yyy
  • Releases3: Start date: xxx  End Date yyy

Program c:

• Releases1: Start date: xxx  End Date yyy
  • Releases2: Start date: xxx  End Date yyy
  • Releases3: Start date: xxx  End Date yyy
  • Releases4: Start date: xxx  End Date yyy

I wish to visualize them in in three rows (time lines), one for each program. And show each release from start-end date in as a colored ribbon.

Please suggetd if there is any custom visualzation for this..

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@powerbitv, another trick: create 5+1 measures, where 5 measures is for length of every possible release and the first one - for length between start of the year and begin of first release every Program. And the color for this extra bar is white (or another relevant background color).

So create you own individual "Gantt" diagram.

Best regs

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
McCow
Resolver III
Resolver III

Hi @powerbitv

I'm not sure, that such custom visualisation exist (Gantt it's not that you really need).

But I believe, that your request can be realised with basic Stacker bar/column chart. Whats you need is some additional calculations with measures and/or calculated columns.
I will be recommended you to convert all your dates to values (for example to length of days) and normalize it to year (or max work duration).

Best regards

Thanks, let me try this and gt back.

@powerbitv, another trick: create 5+1 measures, where 5 measures is for length of every possible release and the first one - for length between start of the year and begin of first release every Program. And the color for this extra bar is white (or another relevant background color).

So create you own individual "Gantt" diagram.

Best regs

Thanks this helps

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.