Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

hmokkapati
Helper II
Helper II

timeline slicer - scroll bar not working

Hello,

Timeline slicers scrollbar doesn’t seem to work once published onto Power BI online on Edge browser. It works fine in IE 11. Could you please provide some pointers.

The scroll bar appears as shown in the screenshot but does not move.scrollbar.GIF

Appreciate your help.

Thank You,

Harisha

8 REPLIES 8
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi  @hmokkapati,

I test on ie11 and edge browser without any problem.

Test environment: win10 64bit, ie 11.576.14393,power bi desktop 2.42.4611.701 64-bit (January 2017), edge 38.14393.0.0, Timeline.1.3.17

IE:

Capture.PNG

Edge:

Capture2.PNG

Can you share some detailed information about this issue?

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
SProctor
Frequent Visitor

Hi,

We are having similar issues, our reports are set up with all cells selected as default and people can see the scroll bar but can't select it. When I tested this i could select the scrollbar, but only if I first selected a cell on the slicer. Anyone have a reason for this or a workaround?

Hello Xiaoxin Sheng,

Thank you for listing the versions. I have same versions too.

Are you able to move the scroll bar? Some how it moves on IE 11 but not Edge. 

On the Desktop version, I noticed a small icon on the left and when i click it shows the message as shown in the attachment that there are too many values. Could that be the reason?

time line msg.png

Thank You,

Harisha

Hi @hmokkapati,

>>Are you able to move the scroll bar? Some how it moves on IE 11 but not Edge. 

Yes, I can move the timeline slicer scrollbar both ie11 and edge.

>>On the Desktop version, I noticed a small icon on the left and when i click it shows the message as shown in the attachment that there are too many values. Could that be the reason?

It may cause the issue, how many records you tested?

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Hello Xiaoxin Sheng,

Thanks for your reply. 

After a lot of debugging, I realized the Page Size settings (shown in attachment) are affecting the scroll bar. It does not work in "Actual Size" or "Fit to Width" options. Works in "Fit To Page" mode only.

Page Size.png.

Thank You,

Harisha

Hello Xiaoxin Sheng,

Could you please check if it works on all the Page Sizes (View option) on your browser.

Thank You,

Harisha

Hi @hmokkapati,

Based on check, I find scroll bar not work on edge browser with "fit to width" mode. I will report this issue to microsoft and give you feedback once if it has been fixed.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Hello,

I just realized it is not a browser issue or data size issue (hopefully). 

Even on the Edge, the timeline slicer scroll bar works fine when i open a new Page and place only the timeline slicer using the same column as in the other Page (where it is not working) and click on the scroll bar it works fine. 

So, I went ahead and removed all the other controls/report & page filters and made the page empty except for the Slicer it still does not work.

Not sure what is going on. Will keep trying.

Thank you,

Harisha

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.