Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Yana
Power BI Team
Power BI Team

time slicer and slicers

I configure the date filter to the new mode and the slicers to be dropdown 

They are unpredictable change back to the slider and choice. 

The behaviour is inconsistent, and I never know when they are going to open as they were configured. 

Has anybody else seen this issue?

This is what I set:

Filter dropdown configured.png

This is how it looks like when I open the report online after publishing:

filters wrong.png The behaviour was seen in several reports, not just a specific file error. 

I haven't seen anything on the forum except for a question about how to explicitly set the filter, which I assume was answered by the new July version. 

How can I make it always appear the right way? 

Thank you for your help! 

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Hi @Yana,

That's quite weird. 

1. You mentioned the bookmarks. Maybe one bookmark records the old status. 

2. Were the slicers syncing through pages? If so, the changes in one page will propagate to other pages.

time_slicer_and_slicers

Best Regards,

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Hi 

I have checked the synchronization and it was on for all but while checking I have discovered what had happened: 

The bookmark configured to the inconsistent behaviour of the date filter, it defaulted this way:

Bookmark defaulted1.png

The "All visuals" is tagged by default

When the "Selected visuals" was selected, the filter changed that behaviour and the date slicer kept to the configured version.

Bookmark configured.PNG

Synchronization was not the solution but it led me to this definition thank you @Dale  🙂

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Yana,

It seems fine.

1. Did you see this issue immediately after publishing to the Service? If not, if it's possible someone else makes any changes?

2. What's the version of the Desktop? Please always use the latest version.

Can you share one pbix file?

Best Regards,

Dale

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks, Dale for your response!  cannot share the pbix files since they are clients files.

The initial files were created in the older version but I have downloaded and changed it since. 

It seems that the bookmarks are causing the issue, regular navigation is not. 

Time after deployment not helping. 

Any ideas I might try? 

Tried  the following things:

leaving the visuals fixed to the page,

enlarging the dates filter size, 

Activating and deactivating the drill through filters 

Waiting some time after deployment 

Deleting and inserting again the filter and the whole page

Hi @Yana,

That's quite weird. 

1. You mentioned the bookmarks. Maybe one bookmark records the old status. 

2. Were the slicers syncing through pages? If so, the changes in one page will propagate to other pages.

time_slicer_and_slicers

Best Regards,

Dale

Hi 

I have checked the synchronization and it was on for all but while checking I have discovered what had happened: 

The bookmark configured to the inconsistent behaviour of the date filter, it defaulted this way:

Bookmark defaulted1.png

The "All visuals" is tagged by default

When the "Selected visuals" was selected, the filter changed that behaviour and the date slicer kept to the configured version.

Bookmark configured.PNG

Synchronization was not the solution but it led me to this definition thank you @Dale  🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.