Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

blazko
Helper III
Helper III

time axis, gaps calculation

hi, I want to calculate break time (duration longer than 5mins). I want to do this with a measure, not a table.
I've put worker activity (blue) on a chart (time axis bind in 5 mins), also made a marker (orange) that indicates non-activity. I would then simply count orange bars, but the ptoblem is i dont know how to exlude the bars before start time (min activity time ) and after finish time (max activity time). File attached. It would be nice to have it in one measue, in original table model theres a worker id column, I want to aggregate, and sum breaks (count occurance ->dont know how yet, and sum time) by a worker.

nottile.jpg

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1kdFYizQ-ze4i6JLVStkmRUKnMsItbF9c

3 REPLIES 3
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @blazko ,

how to exlude the bars before start time (min activity time ) and after finish time (max activity time)

You could apply "Visual level filters" to exclude those times beyond expected time range.

It would be nice to have it in one measue, in original table model theres a worker id column, I want to aggregate, and sum breaks (count occurance ->dont know how yet, and sum time) by a worker.

I am not very clear about your desired output. Please eloborate with examples.

Regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Im trying somthing with calculated table as a variable, but my head is to small for this 🙂 Still have an issue with exluding rows aftre and before start and end of daily activity.

For more explanation what i want (first):

expl.JPG
done with:

work_gap_marker = 
var summ= SUM('log'[qty])
return
IF(summ=0;1;0)

Visual level filters are not the solution in what I need.
I want to calculate daily avtivity gaps, lets say number of orange bars, but between min and max activity time, that is start and end of workday (which arent static).

I got a little bit inspired with latest Guy in a Cube YT video with Alberto Ferrari where he could mark continous values. Thats what i try to do. If theres a time value with no activity (orange) i want to aggregate and sum.
So in the final output:

for ex user, I want to calulate number of no-activity time durations (breaks), list them (ex 35 min, 15 mins, 35mins), sum them by a duration (from prev ex 35 +15 +35).

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.