Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

bincat
Frequent Visitor

three table filter

Hi!

I've this scenario, three tables joined by IdCentro-IdReserva

Captura3tablas.JPG

My problem is when i filter Produccion's Fecha (Date) with a slicer, as you can see Produccion is Filtered OK, Reserva is Filtered OK buuuuut FacturaHotel IS NOT filtered -> KO

Captura3grids.JPG

if I filter Reserva by Fecha(Date) then it filters FacturaHotel correctly.

comment -> In data not all rows in FacturaHotel has Row in Reserva

Any idea, is very simple but i'm ofusced 

Thank's in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@bincat,

Does the bridge table Reserva contain all the possible IdCentro-IdReserva values in FacturaHotel and Produccion tables? If not, it will not display expected result when using slicer.

If Reserva table contains all the possible IdCentro-IdReserva values in FacturaHotel and Produccion tables, when you use Fecha field of Produccion  table to create slicer, the Reserva visual will show all  IdCentro-IdReserva values in the selected data range, and the FacturaHotel  visual will show relevant IdCentro-IdReserva values with other fields according to the filtered IdCentro-IdReserva values in  Reserva visual . If you still have questions about the filter result, please share sample data of the three  tables for us to analyze.

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@bincat,

Does the bridge table Reserva contain all the possible IdCentro-IdReserva values in FacturaHotel and Produccion tables? If not, it will not display expected result when using slicer.

If Reserva table contains all the possible IdCentro-IdReserva values in FacturaHotel and Produccion tables, when you use Fecha field of Produccion  table to create slicer, the Reserva visual will show all  IdCentro-IdReserva values in the selected data range, and the FacturaHotel  visual will show relevant IdCentro-IdReserva values with other fields according to the filtered IdCentro-IdReserva values in  Reserva visual . If you still have questions about the filter result, please share sample data of the three  tables for us to analyze.

Regards,
Lydia

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi and thank's

The problem is all values in Reserva are in Produccion, all values in Reserva are in FacturaHotel gbuuuuuut

all values in Produccion are not in Reserva, all values in Produccion are not in FacturaHotel

all values in FacturaHotel are not in Reserva, all values in FacturaHotel are not in Produccion

Now i understand the problem but conceptually,

if you slice Produccion all values wich can be reflected in Reserva should be reflected (and it does) and all Reserva reflected values should be reflected in FacturaHotel following the join direction (it doesn't) ?

@bincat,

Only if Reserva contains all the possible IdCentro-IdReserva values of Produccion and FacturaHotel tables, the relationship would work as you describe when you slicer  Produccion .

Regards,
Lydia

Thank you very much

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.