Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

giorgiokatr
Helper V
Helper V

this report was already published to the selected destination

Today i downloaded pbix from web service made some changes to desktop and tried to upload it 

But a message appears

i can only rename the pbix and reupload

has anyone experienced similar problem?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I think i found the solution

Sign out from power bi desktop

then sign in and publish!

View solution in original post

19 REPLIES 19
zouheir

Hello 

Curerntly whenever we want to publish an exsiting Dashboard after we update the dataset , we are getting an pop up message saying this report already published.

we tried to sign out then sign in , update power , but nothing works.

and it became annoying at this point, any ideas how to overcome this bug ? 

psathanapal
Frequent Visitor

psathanapal_0-1667394574250.png

i am also facing this issue. tried to sighout and again signed in. but still not resolved

NguyenTony753

NguyenTony753_0-1665052554343.png

Please Help Me

REBECCAHU

I had this same problem as well. 

"Sign out and sign back in "solution does not work for me. 

Please help!!!!!

Now i had to delete my report online and publish as a new report, which is time-consuming and not making any sense

@esocial 

dilumd
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

I also had the same issue after updating into new version, yes the solution would be to sign out from power BI desktop and sign in again.

Yes, the new update hasn't fixed this. Operating on the April updates I still have to switch user to the same account to upload. If I do not, I get the error that this content already exists, re above. For some reason it doesn't recognize the intial sign on the same way in the desktop version, as it does the second sign in. It is quite annoying and frustrating when you have 20+ dashboards to update weekly. 

tringuyenminh92
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Hi @v-yuezhe-msft,

I got same issue today:

Screenshot 2017-01-11 00.18.07.png

My version PBI Desktop is: Version: 2.42.4611.482 64-bit (January, 2017)

Using workaround solution of @giorgiokatr

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @giorgiokatr,

I am not able to reproduce your issue. Would you please share me the PBIX file downloaded from Power BI Service and describe more details about which changes you make in the PBIX file? I will test it in my Desktop.

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks i redownloaded my pbix from my other pc and now i have no problem

Will check again in the first pc to see if the problem remains

problem remains in my first pc.

unfortunately  @v-yuezhe-msft i cannot send you my pbix as it has sensitive data.

Is there any other way? A log file?

Hi @giorgiokatr,

Based on your test, the issue is related to computer. Does your computer meet the requirements in this article? I would recommend  you go to File -> Options and settings -> Options -> Diagnostics in Power BI Desktop and click "enable tracing", then re-publish your PBIX file. Also please post the trace log here.

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @giorgiokatr,

No effective information can be found from the trace log. As the issue only occurs on your first PC, I would recommend you the PC. If the error still exists after rebooting, please create a support ticket at http://support.powerbi.com .

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

This is not PC specific. It happens to me all the time, regardless of which computer I use. For some reason, if I am logged in overnight, or automatically, it seems to have this issue. I have to log out, log back in, and then it will work.

I think i found the solution

Sign out from power bi desktop

then sign in and publish!

Definitely the solution. Extremely annoying issue. Happens all the time and until I figured this out required re-building a lot of my dashboards and reports. 

Thanks, that worked for me too. 

Myself and a colleague were experiencing the same issue and logging out and back in fixed it for us too.

Theres obviously something not working correctly, which will hopefully be fixed at some point, but for now logging out and back in is a simple workaround

IAmDan
Advocate I
Advocate I

Yes, i posted about it last week but am yet to get an answer:

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Problems-publishing-updates-from-desktop/m-p/99285#M41831

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.