Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Mmahachi
Advocate I
Advocate I

the relationship on two columns disappears after adding measure to table

I have a simple relationship on a fiscal period field, 1-12, one column in my date table and one is in a manual entry table containing some targets. the relationship works perfectly when I have just those two columns in the table but when I add a measure summing the targets over the periods then the table stops linking periods between the tables. 

fiscal table.PNGcumulative burn rate measure.PNG

ultimately I need to be able to grab the cumulative target for whatever the max fiscal period is in the date table, but since the measure calculating the cumulative total seems to ignore the realtionship with the date table i'm stuck. I know ideally the relaitonship would have calendar filtering my burn rates table but I tried crossfilter and it still didn't work. 

burn and date ralationship.PNG

1 REPLY 1
d_gosbell
Super User
Super User

The problem is that your relationship is pointing in the wrong direction. Lookup tables like Calendar should be on the "1" side of the relationship in order for the filter context to be pushed down from the Calendar to the BurnRates table (the arrow on the relationships shows which way the filter context will flow).

If you double click on the relationship and swap the cardinality from 1:Many to Many:1 (or the other way around) this should fix your issue.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.