Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

mercedesschil
Frequent Visitor

the power bi is not reading the last 4 rows of my raw data

Hi community.

I´m working on my power bi but got stuck.

I added some information to my excel data. And when I opened the power BI and refresh the data, the Power BI is not reading the last 4 lines of my Excel.

I don´t think it´s a size limit problem, since my excel has 5000 rows and doesn´t weight that much. Also, my excel data is all in the same table, so I´m not sure why this is happening.

Hope to be clear enough and someone who had a similar problem can answer me.

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have the exact same problem. 4 rows not shown every time. Should I create 4 dummy rows at the end?

No amount of refreshing will fix it.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Dummy rows worked although i know this is not a solution. I'm desperate.

dearwatson
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Hmm, hard to say with more detail but it may be worth checking that your data has appended itself to the table correctly. Try clicking the data you entered in Excel... does the "Table Tools" pane appear in the ribbon?

The table should append automatically as you enter new data but there are cases where it does not happen.. Also try checking the source/Navigation of the query, sometimes you can import a worksheet instead of a table or vice versa.

If the data isnt a table then to turn the data into a table select all and Ctrl T... I find this more reliable than bringing in sheets.

Cheers

Greg

"The commonality between science and art is in trying to see profoundly - to develop strategies of seeing and showing." - Edward Tufte

Hi 

Thanks for you answer.

The data is all in a table. The strangest thing it that I´ve entered as new data 400 rows, and the power bi is reading all but the last 4 rows. I´ve resize the table, although it was including all the rows, and refresh the data on the report, but still doesn´t work

Mysterious... what's the total row and column count? I'll see if I can replicate.

"The commonality between science and art is in trying to see profoundly - to develop strategies of seeing and showing." - Edward Tufte

Hi

It has 4962 row and 50 columns.

v-caliao-msft
Employee
Employee

@mercedesschil,

Does the new information have the same data type with original data? I have tested it on my local environment, we cannot reproduce this issue. In your scenario, you could create a new report and connect to this excel file and check if the new information exist on your data model or not.

Regards,

Charlie Liao

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.