Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

XidoMM
Frequent Visitor

the object of secondary Y axis

hello all,

i have a question about the "secondary axis", e.g. the Visualization "Line and stacked column chart",

course i have more than 1 data for "Line values", when i select "show secondary" in "Y axis", then all the data in the line chart will automatically correspond to the second y-axis. But I actually want some data still correspond to the first y-axis.

XidoMM_0-1634220320722.png

In Excel people can customize the data that needs to correspond to the second y-axis :s

So I am wondering if I could do the same in Power BI?

Thx a lot !!

3 REPLIES 3
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @XidoMM,

Unfortunately, this effect may not be simply achieved on the secondary axis to interact with the first axis.

Did these axis fields include any relationship mappings? If that is the case, you can write a measure expression to get the current axis value and use it as a conditon to look up correspond another axis value for calculating.

In addition, you can also try to use script-based visuals to manually plot these graphs if you were familiar with these special visuals. (e.g. R, Python)

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@XidoMM , You can all lines on the first axis or none. You can switch of secondary axis and get all lines on the first axis.

Log an idea for support on both axis - https://ideas.powerbi.com/ideas/

check for any custom visual https://appsource.microsoft.com/en-us/product/power-bi-visuals/WA104380768?tab=Overview

Hi ami,

but all the lines will correspond to the same y-axis, right? 😕

How can I make one line correspond to the first y-axis and the other line correspond to the second y-axis?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.