Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

markgoode

text filter visualisation

Hi, this does feel like a stupid question.

Is there any reason why I can't get the "text filter" visualisation to work?

Seem simple enough

I've added it into a page. Standard slicers work on it fine, but the text filter no... see attached photo. Any ideas please?

Thanks Mark

2018-04-28 17_46_07-TruckProductivityReport - Power BI Desktop.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

It worked on my report until Monday.

Today I added another related table as a data source and it stopped working.

Deleted it from the page and added it again (no reinstall) made it work.

It also doesn't seem to search for special characters like "*"

I have several records which start with an asterisk and it returns all records.

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
TomMartens
Super User
Super User

Hey,

wondering if hit enter to "activate" the search process, and if you added the same column to the "Text Filter" visual that you wish to search for.

Hope this gives you an idea

Regards

Tom

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution, this will help others!

Proud to be a Super User!
I accept Kudos 😉
Hamburg, Germany

Tried that Tom. Didn't make a difference. Strange - it works easly when folks show it on youtbue - eg., Guy in a Cube...

... but sits there just doing nothing for me

It worked on my report until Monday.

Today I added another related table as a data source and it stopped working.

Deleted it from the page and added it again (no reinstall) made it work.

It also doesn't seem to search for special characters like "*"

I have several records which start with an asterisk and it returns all records.

Thanks for the reply. It seems to work sometimes in some reports. And then not in others. Shame... 

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

Is that a custom visual?

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
Mastering Power BI 2nd Edition

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Should be the custom Text Filter visualization based on the picture. For MS text filter, the eraser icon is not shown beside the search box. I did encounter the issue with the custome Text filter after update to Jun 2018 Power BI desktop. The text filter has lock up other filtering. I need to remove this text filter in order for the rest of the filter to work.

@NH I have found the same thing. Anyone have any updates on this post the June update changes?

Also even if you use an older version of Desktop, it then works fine, but when publishing it then does not work online.

Anonymous
Not applicable

search text box just doesn't work.

Did anyone finds a solution for this issue. I am using text filter in several reports and sometimes it's working and after doing some updates in the same report it's not working. Any suggestions will be helpful!!

Dopo l'aggiornamento della versione 1.1.0.0 ho visto un po' di problemi sparire però continua a bloccarse ogni tanto quindi ho deciso di usare il clasico filtro che da la opizione anche di cercare scrivendo quello che vuoi del filtro.

After updating the 1.1.0.0 version I saw a few problems disappear but it continues to crash every so often so I decided to use the classic filter which also gives the option to search by writing what you want of the filter.

Mi è successo anche a me , dopo attualizzare la versione non funziona più il filtro (Text filter), Alcuna soluzione ????

@LEANNYS One current work around is to search * and hit enter this affectively does the same as clearing the search with the eraser.

Not ideal, but it works for now.

Ottimo .. grazie mille .

Yes, a Microsoft one

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.