Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

gpiero
Skilled Sharer
Skilled Sharer

text box and a value come from a measure

Is it possibile combine a value come from a measure inside a text box?

for instace, let us suppose I would like to put a text box:

"Last week we have closed 745 ticket"  where 745 is the value come from  IDClosed = COUNTROWS(FILTER( etc etc....)

If I can...
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
ankitpatira
Community Champion
Community Champion

@gpiero Unfortunately you can't do that in text box but you can use Card visual and use your measure in that card visual.

View solution in original post

Sean
Community Champion
Community Champion

@gpiero This should work...

Text Measure = "Last week we have closed " & [IDClosed] & " tickets!"

See picture... In a Table and in a Card (works also in Matrix and Multi-row Card)

Text Measure4.png

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
MasonAldrich

To include a count of all rows in a text box, create a new column in the data that is just '[name] = 1' and then take the sum of this column in the text box value.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I know this is an old thread, but I was trying to do something similar by using a measure to update the title lines on all pages.  I found that the Advanced Card let me build a card that also allowed for greater formatting capabilities such as right justifying the text.  Anyone searching for a solution here might want to take a look.

SemG
Frequent Visitor

For anyone still searching for this, I have created an idea on ideas.powerbi.com to create variables in text boxes based on measures. Please upvote to get this feature added.

https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas/suggestions/33374140-using-measures-to-dynami...

Sean
Community Champion
Community Champion

@gpiero This should work...

Text Measure = "Last week we have closed " & [IDClosed] & " tickets!"

See picture... In a Table and in a Card (works also in Matrix and Multi-row Card)

Text Measure4.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Sean  I just found your solution to combining text and a measure into a single measure. 

The measure I am including is a percentage: [Country of Residence %] which I have modelled to 2 decimal places and works fine outside of the below Measure it is 3.52%.

However when I use the below measure, the result shows the percentage as 3.52752016487226E-02

Measure = "Map represents "&[Country of Residence %]&" of Live users"

Can you suggest anything?

Thanks!

Jemma

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous  - You could use something likw the below - 

Measure = "Map represents "&FORMAT([Country of Residence %], "#.#%")&" of Live users"

@Sean

great indeed.

This is the solution I was looking for.

Thanks again

If I can...
ankitpatira
Community Champion
Community Champion

@gpiero Unfortunately you can't do that in text box but you can use Card visual and use your measure in that card visual.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.