Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

tagging a date that is part of a status event and using that date to build a turn time report

Hi all, I need help.  I have a large dataset and 3 tables joined in direct query.  I need to take a date stamp from a specific chnage of status, from 1 status ID to another status ID and then use that exact date stamp as a starting point for my count of turn time.

I have the turn time running from a status ID of created date for the order to completion, but we have hold status's where we are waiting for client input and we dont want to count that in our turn time.  

How do I get that specific time point to use as a point to start my count from?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

sorry, no.  I dont have sample data its live and I'm not allowed to show it here due to ferderal guidelines

@TeigeGao wrote:

Hi @Anonymous ,

Could you please share the sample data and expected result to us for analysis? 

Best Regards,

Teige

I can show you some of it here.  I join all the tables by the appraisalID.  I need to create a column that can be added in dorect query that shows the date that the status went from 28 to 1.  Then I can use that date to calculate turn time.

I could also use a measure of some sort if it could tell me how long an order was in a certain status.  I could set it up for all of my non in progress status's and then I could just subtract those measures from the overall time from creation to completed.  Or I could just add up all the in progress status's

On the left below are my 3 tables, middle shows the fields I am pulling in.  Right shows my results with filters.

Capture 3.JPGCapture 2.JPGCapture1.JPG

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
TeigeGao
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @Anonymous ,

Best Regards,

Teige

Anonymous
Not applicable

sorry, no.  I dont have sample data its live and I'm not allowed to show it here due to ferderal guidelines

@TeigeGao wrote:

Hi @Anonymous ,

Best Regards,

Teige

I can show you some of it here.  I join all the tables by the appraisalID.  I need to create a column that can be added in dorect query that shows the date that the status went from 28 to 1.  Then I can use that date to calculate turn time.

I could also use a measure of some sort if it could tell me how long an order was in a certain status.  I could set it up for all of my non in progress status's and then I could just subtract those measures from the overall time from creation to completed.  Or I could just add up all the in progress status's

On the left below are my 3 tables, middle shows the fields I am pulling in.  Right shows my results with filters.

Capture 3.JPGCapture 2.JPGCapture1.JPG

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.