Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

jcastr02
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

tables not connecting from three different tables -

I have three different survey types (trainer, people leader, and 30 day survey that I'm putting on this page, each in different tables.  I have slicers created but they are not connecting, Im sure it's a relationship issue but I can't seem to figure it out.  Please see recruitment-onboarding tab.  https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ava_12t7CNJtkEcQHD-Ralk-Qgjf?e=56kx5j 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-easonf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi , @jcastr02 

Take these two tables as an example.

41.png

Need to create a corresponding many-to-many relationship as below  , and the filtering effect can be generated.

42.png

51.png

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Eason

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
v-easonf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi , @jcastr02 

Take these two tables as an example.

41.png

Need to create a corresponding many-to-many relationship as below  , and the filtering effect can be generated.

42.png

51.png

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Eason

Anonymous
Not applicable

Can you explain your logic in the "Function Lead Survey" are of the relationships? I can't make sinse of what is going of there with the " - Start Time" table especially.

@Anonymous  yes the relationship for the start time is so that I only have 1 table with the unique values to tie to the rest of the visuals within the People Leader tab.  I used this solution to make sure that slicers worked on that tab (People Leader).

@Anonymous  to add --had to do this to be able to sort each of the visual with comments from most recent to least recent  < if i sort in my master file, all other items will unsort - so created seperate tables for each free response to be able to sort appropriately.  

Anonymous
Not applicable

Interesting... I think it has something to do with this:

Annotation.png

What is the purpose of those 5 blank columns?

@Anonymous I saw that as well, I deleted the columns but still having same issue.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors