Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

RakeshSinghr
Resolver I
Resolver I

table tooltip with custom field list

Hi,

Is it possible to add custom list of fields for 'Table' type report in Tooltip?

Currently tooltip gives a list of all table headers and the row values in 2 columns which looks great by default

RakeshSinghr_0-1608132403644.png

I want to be able to add few more fields in the tooltip which are not present in the table.

I looked at creating a page specifically for tooltip and assigned it in tooltip properties of the required report however i'm not able to get the exact default layout i.e., 

RakeshSinghr_1-1608132468011.png

Is it possible to create this tooltip report? basically having columns headers in a single column and row values in the correponding 2nd column?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @v-kelly-msft - thank you for the response but i can't unpivot in query editor as the souce is a calculated dax table.

I have created individual measures with firstnonblank and was able to unpivot those fields. However performance is quite bad..

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
wdrain
Helper I
Helper I

Hi RakeshSinghr 

I have the exact same request as well.
Were you able to find a solution?

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@RakeshSinghr , if your visual property shows a tooltip, then you can add a few measures/values.

else you can create report tooltip page https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/desktop-tooltips

@amitchandak - Is it possible to create a tooltip report with header & hovered row displayed vertically just like the snapshot from my original post? 

Hi @RakeshSinghr ,

First go to query editor,dupicate the oringinal table>Select the columns you need>"unpivot the columns";

Then back to Report view>create a tooltip page:

v-kelly-msft_0-1608267805549.pngv-kelly-msft_1-1608267840556.png

v-kelly-msft_2-1608268025230.png

And you will see:

v-kelly-msft_3-1608268039545.png

For the related pbix file,pls see attached.

Best Regards,
Kelly

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Hi @v-kelly-msft - thank you for the response but i can't unpivot in query editor as the souce is a calculated dax table.

I have created individual measures with firstnonblank and was able to unpivot those fields. However performance is quite bad..

negi007
Community Champion
Community Champion

@RakeshSinghr You can use custom tooltip to customize your tooltip. You might need to go through below links to understand the custom tooltip before you implement it in your dataset

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/create-reports/desktop-tooltips

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/create-reports/desktop-custom-tooltips

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Appreciate your Kudos

Proud to be a Super User!

Follow me on linkedin

@negi007 I'm aware of the links you've suggested already.

my report is a table and table report doesnt have tooltip section to specify custom list.

As for a seperate tooltip report, please see my comments in original post.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.