Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

pedroccamara
Helper II
Helper II

table report match slicer

Hi guys

I've done a very simple table report that show us the item number, the date it was created, the value and so on.

First question : Instead of doing it on a table report can i do it on a matrice report with values for each row/item and not with so many row with only the word total? 

Second question : on that same table i added a slice with the all the dates. How can we "link it" with the table so it shows me only the dates available on the slicer that i've choose on the filter report?

I hope my english is enough for you to understand my questions.

Tks a lot

Best regards

Pedro

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

In this case, you've applied a Visual Level filter to your table, which will only affect that table and nothing else.

What you want to do is to apply a Page Level filter and restrict the dates to August only. That will affect both your table and your slicer.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

@pedroccamara

First question : Instead of doing it on a table report can i do it on a matrice report with values for each row/item and not with so many row with only the word total? 

The values in matrix can only accept numeric values. So if we put a text value into the Values of Matrix, it will show the count of that text value.

Second question : on that same table i added a slice with the all the dates. How can we "link it" with the table so it shows me only the dates available on the slicer that i've choose on the filter report? 

We don't need to link the Slicer with the table manually. The table will show the data according to the selection on the slicer. For more information about this, please refer to Tutorial: slicers in Power BI.

If you still have question, feel free to ask.Smiley Happy

Hello

I'm sorry i didn't reply earlier but i was in vacations.

About the first question, my english cannot explain better my dificulties. Sorry. Let's leave it for now.

About the second one, 

If you have a sales report, filtered only by sales of this month, you'd like to see on the slicer, just the dates from august, and that's what's not happening. I see all the dates from this year.

Tks

Pedro

In this case, you've applied a Visual Level filter to your table, which will only affect that table and nothing else.

What you want to do is to apply a Page Level filter and restrict the dates to August only. That will affect both your table and your slicer.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.