Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

vjnvinod
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

table relationship issue

Dear community,

I have 2 visual tables in my dashboard,

1) Inbound

2) Outbound

when i click on any of the inbound fields, my data dynamically gets changed but when i select any of the outbound field my values in the dashboard doesn't changes.

below is how my relationship setup, i have been trying to find an answer for sometime now, any help on this will be highly appreciated.

relationshipissue.PNG

6 REPLIES 6
gooranga1
Power Participant
Power Participant

You won't be able to join the country table to inbound and outbound with a "both" join. You can only have 1 "both" join.

I would merge inbound and outbound table into 1 table with a flag determining which row was outbound and which was inbound.

Looks from the inbound outbound it would be easy to merge you would just need a flag to indicate inbound and outbound in new merged table.

vjnvinod
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

@gooranga1

thanks

Note,

inbound and outbound table are same, there is no difference there, i have create this for a reason that inbound values are based on delivery region and outbound values are based on HQ region.

Merging option is not good for 2 reason

1) my actual file is 9 mb, its doubling the size, making the file as 18mb

2) merging will create duplicates(as the tables are same)

vjnvinod
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Dear community,

I have 2 visual tables in my dashboard,

1) Inbound

2) Outbound

when i click on any of the inbound fields, my data dynamically gets changed but when i select any of the outbound field my values in the dashboard doesn't changes.

below is dummy pbix file, i have been trying to find an answer for sometime now, any help on this will be highly appreciated.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xyybg2sl5dx1cvp/Test1.pbix?dl=0

v-piga-msft
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @vjnvinod,

What about changing the direction highlight in red to be Both?

relationshipissue.PNG

If you still need help, please share a dummy pbix file which can reproduce the scenario, so that we can help further investigate on it? You can upload it to OneDrive and post the link here. Do mask sensitive data before uploading.)

Best  Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-piga-msft

power BI doesn't allows to change the direction to both.

Data is confidential, so wondering how to share it

vjnvinod
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

@v-piga-msft

here is the file you requested for, have a look, i noticed that my outbound values is not interacting with the 3rd table(unformatted table in the pbix)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xyybg2sl5dx1cvp/Test1.pbix?dl=0

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.