Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

lmundia
Frequent Visitor

table navigation

I have a request to provide a table in PowerBI that allows users to navigate to other pages. I have tried to use hyperlink but that didnt work for me. Below is a watered down version of what I am trying to accomplish, my main table will have hundreds of items and want an ability to click on location and have the report navigate to another report using the clicked value as a filter. 

Main Table

Revenue

Cost

Profit

New Orleans

Knoxville

Nashville

Detailed Report (When a Location is Clicked, navigates to a different page)

Detailed Report for New Orleans

Category

Quantity

Internal Cost

Sub Contract Cost

Variance

Polyamide

60%

Polyester resins

32%

Polyethylene

10%

Polypropylene

13%

Polysulfides

9%

Thank you in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
lmundia
Frequent Visitor

Actually PowerBI just introduced this feature in the new Matrix visual which is still in preview mode. I have tested it and it works like a champ. The only downside that I have seen thus far is you can't have two fields in the row headers but can easily be resolved by concatenating your fields. The feature instruction are here https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/powerbi-desktop-matrix-visual/

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
lmundia
Frequent Visitor

Actually PowerBI just introduced this feature in the new Matrix visual which is still in preview mode. I have tested it and it works like a champ. The only downside that I have seen thus far is you can't have two fields in the row headers but can easily be resolved by concatenating your fields. The feature instruction are here https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/powerbi-desktop-matrix-visual/

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi. I searched the link ( https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/powerbi-desktop-matrix-visual/) for this issue but there is no solution for this problem. Can you please check and again give the correct link? Thanks!

v-sihou-msft
Employee
Employee

@lmundia

Currently, Power BI Desktop doesn't support navigation page feature (like "go to report" action in SSRS). Please submit a feature request on idea.

Regards,

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.