Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

wbart
Helper I
Helper I

table append

Good morning alltogether,

I'm new to Power bi and I 'm looking for the propper way to append tables. At the moment I have th following workaround. I create the two tables I like to append. I duplicate one of them and then append the other part. If I than want to remove the two helping tables Power bi warn me that other queries will need this table and I should not remove them. Is there an other way to append queries?

Best regards

Werner

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
V-pazhen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@wbart 

You cannot remove them, append/merge is based on the original queries. You can only append them in the data source before importing to power bi.

Paul Zheng _ Community Support Team

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
V-pazhen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@wbart 

You cannot remove them, append/merge is based on the original queries. You can only append them in the data source before importing to power bi.

Paul Zheng _ Community Support Team

This limits the data processing enormously. Thank you for sharing this information.

Best regard

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@wbart , you should be able to append directly if the column names are the same. unmatched columns will added as separate columns

Can you share sample data and sample output in table format? Or a sample pbix after removing sensitive data.

refer if needed

https://radacad.com/append-vs-merge-in-power-bi-and-power-query

I append two tables. First one:

wbart_0-1621584502194.png

second one:

wbart_1-1621584651590.png

Now I want to get rid of the origin tables.

I get the information that I cannot delete the unneccesary original queries because they are used in the appended table.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.