Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

NAOS
Helper IV
Helper IV

sync slicers with different formats

Hi all,

I think this kinda of a bug, but I guess it all comes down to how the sync functionality actually works in the background. When sync slicers, I would expect they are "tied" together by the field from which the slicer is constructed, and may be by the type of visual-slicer used to display it. But I'm having trouble with the formatting of the slicers when synchronizing slicers built from the exact same basic slicers visual and using the same field across all of them...

For some pages, I want to display the slicer as a dropdown, and others, as a list. I found just one idea with a single vote on it relating to this issue.

Am I missing something here? May be a setting that disables the synchronizing of format?

Any help would be much appreciated! Thanks!

Naos

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-frfei-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @NAOS

Based on my test using power bi desktop version : 2.75.5649.341 64-bit (November 2019).

The formatting of the slicers will be synced as well when synchronizing slicers. Also we can set slicer to dropdown or list separately.

2.PNGCapture.PNG

PBIX as attached.

Community Support Team _ Frank
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-frfei-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @NAOS

Based on my test using power bi desktop version : 2.75.5649.341 64-bit (November 2019).

The formatting of the slicers will be synced as well when synchronizing slicers. Also we can set slicer to dropdown or list separately.

2.PNGCapture.PNG

PBIX as attached.

Community Support Team _ Frank
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.

Hi @v-frfei-msft ,

I didn't account for the older version I'm running on (April 2019) 😅. I can't check on the latest version right now but it is good enough to me that's working on the latest version 😁

Thanks very much for your help!

jdbuchanan71
Super User
Super User

@NAOS 

One idea maybe.  If you have the list on page 1 and the drop down on page 2 you could make a copy of the list from page 1, paste and sync it on page 2 then hide it.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.