Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

sync filter changes advance options desktop version sep 2020

Hi, 

There used to be a option sync filter changes in advance option sync slicers., where is it now, desktop version sept 2020!!!! 
- There is only sync field  changes now and no longer Sync filter changes.

What is the alternative for this.

I have different datetables, and date slicers needs to sync but they need to have different filters. What is the alternative for this.

6 REPLIES 6
Pragati11
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous ,

Go to the options shown below:

Pragati11_0-1601464972779.png

Once you do this, a new SYNC SLicers PANE appears on the right:

Pragati11_1-1601465011349.png

Thanks,

Pragati

Best Regards,

Pragati Jain

MVP logo

LinkedIn | Twitter | Blog YouTube 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! This will help others on the forum!

Appreciate your Kudos!!

Proud to be a Super User!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Tnx for reply, but the problem is that there only appears "Sync field changes to other slicers" --> I need to TURN OFF the option
"Sync FILTER to other slicers" . 

"Sync FILTER to other slicers" used to be there but is no longer the case!!!

Sync slicers.JPG

Hi @Anonymous ,

After checking,if you wanna "Sync FILTER to other slicers",you need to click on each slicer one by one and select the pages which the slicers will be synced.

Screenshot 2020-10-02 153541.png

Best Regards,
Kelly

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sync slicer is not the problem and it seems the "Sync filter on other slicers" is automatic ON when grouping and sync is on.
I want the slicer to sync but turn OFF "Sync filter on other slicers" so that I can have different filters in the slicers.

I have the exact same problem, did you find a solution to this? The proposed method in this thread did not work.

Hi @Anonymous ,

Based on my test,if you make the "sync" invisible,then the filter wont be synced to other slicers.

Screenshot 2020-10-05 111726.pngScreenshot 2020-10-05 111935.png

Here is the slicer you may refer to:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/visuals/power-bi-visualization-slicers#:~:text=With%20the%20Sync%20slicers%20pane,the%20Filters%20and%20Visualizations%20panes.

Best Regards,
Kelly

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.