Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Melmehal
Frequent Visitor

summary table with continuous count of status duplicates

Hi ALL, 

I have a quotelog table that shows different status for each quote. Sometimes this status can be repeated for each quote. in tbe below image i filtered just one "quote" to demonstrate this. I want to be able to see for each "quote" if it had more than 1 count of a status. Im not sure how this would be designed. column or a measure. but simply put in the below image i want a summary that says

Quote              Number of times status 2 occured      Number of times status 6 occured 

84848                                          2                                                               2                                

The key thing is that i need this to be unaffected by my date filter in the report. its also imporant that i know which status each count is for. 

Capture.PNG

2 REPLIES 2
parry2k
Super User
Super User

@Melmehal use matrix visual,

- Add quote on rows

- Add status on columns

- Add Id on values and change aggregation to Count

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

That works, however i need to use this as a filter. Here is what each status number means: 

Capture.PNG

I want to be able to on a daily basis track the numbers of quotes where it had status 7 (broker gets estimate). but the issue i run into is that this status 7 can appear multiple times and i only want it to count once ( the first time in which it occured). You might suggest that i should remove my duplicate statuses for each quote and only keep the first instance. This isnt the best solution because if you notice in my initial post, status 2 ( assigned to broker) also occured twice, if i were to only keep the first instance, it would be assigned to the wrong person. 

The main question becomes: How can i keep the duplicate statuses of each quote and still be able to count for each quote a distinct count of each status. 

so on any given day i want to filter my report and count for each broker how many quotes went through "status 7" on that given day. Say, today a broker took a quote to status 7 ( i only want to count this status once for each quote) BUT he took the same quote to "status 7" 5 days ago, then i dont want it to count for today, because it would have been counted 5 days ago and is now simply a duplicate

perhaps what i need is a version of this table which shows only the last instance of each quote's status (which i have already done) and use the main table that has the duplicate statuses as a filter where the count of each status occurence for each quote is NOT greater than 1 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.